This is an ad-free blog. I want people to enjoy it for what it is, and keep the experience uncluttered. I also want to be free to write whatever I like, without having to consider what potential advertisers might think. So it’s an ad-free zone, and I actually have to pay money to keep it that way – but it’s not 100% uncommercial.
Here are a few things I will do:
- We like generosity. If you want to give good things away to readers, that’s fine by me.
- I already review books, and relevant films or exhibitions from time to time. Some publishers send me review material, others I buy myself. I will give it an honest opinion either way. If you’re a publisher, author, or in PR for one of those, feel free to get in touch.
- I’ve signed up to affiliate schemes, so if anyone buys a book from one of my reviews, I’ll get a small percentage of the sale. , as they support local bookshops. They won’t have everything, so here’s or as well – but make them your second choice if you can.
- There are lots of causes, campaigns, and organisations that share a similar ethos to Make Wealth History. We will place occasional ads for such people. They are likely to be free.
A few things I don’t do:
- I won’t feature any advertising I can’t control, like Google Adsense.
- I get a lot requests for guest posts with a sponsored link or two. I don’t do these, or anything where content has to be engineered around commercial incentives.
- We won’t promote anything that isn’t socially and environmentally responsible, from the sourcing of materials, through to production, use, and disposal.