development energy environment poverty sustainability

Interview with SolarAid

A couple of weeks ago I went to the launch of a brand new charity, . I think they’ve got a great model of tackling climate change and poverty at the same time, so I called in on their offices last week to get some more information. .

I’m also reminded of the , inspired by Dr Paul Polak’s observation that “the majority of the world’s designers focus all their efforts on developing products and services exclusively for the richest 10% of the world’s customers. Nothing less than a revolution in design is needed to reach the other 90%.” I think SolarAid’s lanterns would qualify.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. .